Saturday 30 September 2017

Generic list post: September 2017


Obligatory wrap-up post of those songs I've played most during the month when J. Cole thankfully refrained from taking part in the #ForThePussyChallenge. Way too many new recruits to the Death Fresh Crew this month - pour out a little booze of your choosing for Gary Warnett, Frank Vincent, Harry Dean Stanton, Gee Money, and my mate's dog Rocco.

Dru Down - Gangstafied (2002)
Rich The Factor ft. The Popper - Aristocrat (2016)
Rich The Factor - 1000 (2017)
Queen Key - Kung Fu (2017)
Open Mike Eagle - Brick Body Complex (2017)
70th Street Carlos - Bag It Up (2017)
70th Street Carlos - Ding Dong (2017)
The Brat - High School (1980)
The Brat - Leave Me Alone (1980)
Tove Lo - Disco Tits (2017)

Other notables: genuinely thought Boosie's Get Ya Mind Right was some Gangsta Musik-era deep cut I'd slept on until now; Yhung T.O's Slidin' was the song which sold me on him as a solo artist until the slight Drakeisms of some of his phrasing began to irk me; prefer this video to those two new OMB Peezy tracks; Post Malone & 21 Savage's Rockstar is everything I dislike about 2017 Atlanta rap in one song.

6 comments:

Catfish said...

Thought you'd found some kiddie raps by Da Brat then

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

Chicano first wave L.A punk!

icebergsweater said...

That Boosie shit is incredible soundin'.
Someone needs to tell dude that he sounds way better on these kinds of tracks than on the ATL trap stuff.

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

😨 @ Boosie dissing Nu$$ie on there.

😈 @ Nu$$ie's name being edited out.

("Bitch, youz a hoe, youz a pussy/you remind me of a pussy named ______")

hotbox said...

I'm probably the only Boosie fan who doesn't really care for the new joint

Kelvin Mack10zie said...

R.I.P to DJ Stef too.